SPRINGFIELD AREA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
YOUR SPRINGFIELD HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI FOUNDATION
Thanks to the generosity of alumni like you, the Springfield Area Educational Foundation (SAEF) is now in its 10th year of enriching the academic, artistic and athletic lives of Springfield High School students, parents, alumni and interested community members throughout the district.
Your tax deductable donations help create or maintain programs to the very schools that launched more than 38,000 alumni who remember what a special place this was to live and learn. SAEF’s Volunteer Board also remembers what a special place this was to live and learn. Our volunteer board of trustees is comprised of such dedicated alumni. SAEF’s board works closely with teachers and administrators to ensure that scholarships and awards for graduating seniors remain funded. And those most special programs, which require funding outside of the normal channels, remain strong.
SAEF Supports-Academics, Arts and Athletics
SAEF enriches the academic, artistic and athletic experiences of Springfield School District students. As a nonprofit organization and 501c3 corporation, the Foundation’s responsibility is to secure funding designed to enhance the lives of our students within the Springfield and Morton communities
SSD is a district with a long tradition of excellence in the 3A’s – Academics, The Arts and Athletics.
The Springfield School District has a noted reputation for producing winning athletic teams especially in football, baseball and basketball. The district also offers a very wide range of programs of male and female sports, a full program of award winning bands and choirs, drama and academic programs.
Our teaching staff deserves credit for continuing to organize and manage the various activities for all 3A's.
- Over 100 scholarships awarded since 2007
- Over 20 new awards scholarships, which now total $70,000 in funding
- Awards in memory of alumni donated by families or individuals who wish to give back and honor a loved one
- The establishment of SAEF Achievers Hall of Fame which honors SHS graduates and supporters of SHS who have risen in the fields such as law, teaching, business, philanthropy, entrepreneurships and more
- Providing after school learning programs and homework help clubs
- Funding for yearbook digitalization
- Assistance for SHS reunion events
- Funding for a KidsCafé/ mobile coffee unit, a workforce development project, for SAILL students (special education students)
- Yearly support for the Celebration of the Arts which presents a myriad of works by current students demonstrating the district’s continuing emphasis on the arts
- Award winning children’s books and original art for the Springfield Literacy Center
- Ongoing support for the Arts Hall of Fame honoring alumni, teachers and supporters of SSD who took the arts into successful careers and ventures in life
- Funding for new Fabrication Lab and 3D projector
- Contributing to purchase new band uniforms
- Providing world class musical instruments
- Funding of the new lights at the varsity stadium
- Funding for new baseball outfield fence, movable outdoor bleachers and softball dugouts
- Providing a beautiful Cougar Courtyard entrance
- Ongoing support for the Athletics Hall of Fame honoring alumni, teachers and supporters of the district’s successful history of athletic achievements
Distinguished SHS Alum Mike Scioscia ’76, former MLB player and manager of the LA Angels.